New public health measures come into effect November 13, 2020 for Wetaskiwin and other communities on the AHS Enhanced list.
The following measures apply to all communities on Alberta Health Services’ enhanced list (purples zones), which includes the City of Wetaskiwin.
- Restaurants, bars, lounges and pubs must stop liquor sales by 10pm and close by 11pm - applies to Class A, B or C licences (Nov 13-27).
- 15-person limit on social and family gatherings - indoors and outdoors - where people are mixing and mingling.
- 50-person limit on indoor and outdoor wedding ceremonies and funeral services.
- No social gatherings inside your home or outside of your community. Instead, socialize outdoors or in structured settings, like restaurants or other business that are subject to legal limits and take steps to prevent transmission.
- Limit of 3 cohorts: your core household, your school, and one other sport or social cohort. Young children who attend child care can be part of 4 cohorts.
- Wear a mask in all indoor work settings, except when alone in a workspace or an appropriate barrier is in place.
- Employers in office settings should implement measures to reduce the number of employees in the workplace at one time.
- Faith-based gatherings limited to 1/3 capacity at one time.
No Bans in Place
- The City of Wetaskiwin is not considered part of the greater Edmonton area, which means that the ban on indoor group and fitness activities does not apply locally.
- No ban on indoor group fitness classes & team sports.
- No ban on group singing, dancing & performing activities.
Individual groups or associations may still choose to cancel out of caution, but this measure is not presently required in the City of Wetaskiwin.
Please continue to refer to the City’s COVID-19 portal for further updates.