The City's Mandatory Mask Bylaw is now in effect.
As of Tuesday, November 3, 2020 there are 22 active cases of COVID-19 in Wetaskiwin. This means everyone must now wear a face covering at all times in a public premises or a public vehicle, unless the person is separated from other persons by an installed screen, shield, or other barrier.
The face coverings bylaw does state several exemptions to the mandatory use of face coverings, including:
- children under the age of 2
- persons who are unable to place, use, or remove a face covering safely without assistance
- persons with an underlying medical condition or disability which inhibits their ability to wear a face covering
- persons who are seated at a table or bar at a public premises that offers food or beverage services
- persons engaging in an athletic or fitness activity
- persons who are caregiving for or accompanying a person with a disability where wearing a face covering would hinder the accommodation of the person’s disability
- persons who have temporarily removed their face covering where doing so is necessary to provide or receive a service
Click Here to review the City's COVID-19 Face Coverings Bylaw.